About The Farmhouse Studio


As a child, I was always involved in some sort of art or craft or cooking project, and whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always enthusiastically replied “An Artist!” After earning a nursing degree and working at several “practical” jobs, I decided that I had to follow my creative heart and became a self-taught artist. The Farmhouse Studio began here in our 150 year old farmhouse in rural southwestern New Jersey, where I live with my husband and 2 daughters.

My art reflects my fondness for country life and traditional values of heart and home. I really love things that are homey and comfy and reminiscent of simpler days gone by. I love feeling that I can somehow connect the past and present with my artwork and products.

I try to bring my company’s slogan– Make every day a special day – to life. There are so many simple little things we can do each day to show kindness to one another. We can have a little extra patience, or be generous with compliments and encouragement. A quick phone call or handwritten note can be a blessing to any of us when we’re having a bad day. It is just as easy, and much more fun, to be cheerful and helpful as it is to be detached and indifferent. It is important to me to see the company grow as a positive force in my community. I have been involved in art & business awareness and charity projects with local Girl Scout troops and schools, and hope to build upon this in the future. In addition, I have started another company, The Noble Wife, to sell handmade pins and patterns in order to raise awareness and funds for charity.


LinkWithin